36th Day: Nice (Monte Carlo)


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
July 8th 2008
Published: July 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today Mum and I were finally able to sleep in because we decided to skip one of the optional excursions. I slept in till about 930 and only woke because Mum woke me so that I wouldn't miss brekkie.

After brekkie I went straight to the roof-top pool and stayed there for a good few hours. It was an absolutely perfect day for lying by the pool.

I went back to the hotel room at about 2 and got ready for the afternoon excursion to Monte Carlo!!

On the way to Monte Carlo we stopped a couple times for fabulous photo opportunities of the French Riviera. When we got to Monte Carlo we were given an hour's free time to go to the casino or just have a wander. I grabbed an icecream and then headed into the casino. I was a bit disappointed though, I only went on the pokies (something I have actually never done in Australia) and lost €10. I wanted to play blackjack but the minimum table was €20 so I didn't dare.

After our free time was up we hopped back on the coach and went to a restaurant high up on the coast, on the upper cornish (cornishes are the windy roads around there, I think). It was a great evening except that another Trafalgar tour group that was there had a very annoying drunk guy in their group that was stirring up a bit of trouble. It made me appreciate our tour group all the more.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb