Today's We Were In The French Riviera!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
June 6th 2005
Published: June 6th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everybody,
Hope all is well with you all!
Today, about 7:30a, we sailed into the port at Villefranche, France.
From Mom:
This area is the French Riviera, also known as the Cote d'Azure (Blue Coast). Monte Carlo is the most beautiful region I have ever seen. As I'm typing this for Michael, it is 9:21p, the sun is setting (it sets late here) and the lights are twinkling on the cliffs, no words for it!
First we went to Nice and spent a little while there. It was pretty in Nice and we did some shopping there. I was bored because if we're not buying toys, I don't care for shopping. It was very early when we got to Nice and most of the kids shops were still closed😞
After Nice, we drove to Monte Carlo and Monaco. Monaco is very nice and the houses and villas are all very beautiful and have a similar color and style and they are built into the cliffs and have views of the sea. The roof tops are all the same color too and it makes everything look very nice. Our guide named all the famous people that have weekend homes, there are a lot of them. When we were in Monaco we went to their cathedral and saw the burial site of Prince Rainier and Princess Grace, they were buried side by side. I don't know who they are, but the church they are buried in is very beautiful and I saw a relic from St. Nicholas (Santa😊 in a glass case. I lit some candles by St. Nick and Padro Pio.!
We ate a nice dinner in an outdoor cafe in Villefranche near where our ship was docked. We had to take a small boat back out to board our cruise ship since it was too big to come any closer to shore. We are sailing out of here at 11:00p and heading for Barcelona, Spain, our last stop before we return back to the US. We don't get into Barchelona until 5:00p so we're spending most of the last day sailing so I will spend a lot of time with my friends in the Fun Zone play area, Yeah, no sight seeing for a while!
Talk to you soon.
Love,
Michael Conner

Advertisement



Tot: 0.27s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0975s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb