And Now for an Intermission...


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Marseille
September 3rd 2007
Published: September 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

The St. Cyr HouseThe St. Cyr HouseThe St. Cyr House

A wonderful house in a gated community overlooking the sea.
A note to our friends and readers We hope that you are all enjoying this blog as much as we are enjoying our trip. We particularly enjoy reading everyone's comments and/or experiences while in the same areas. Thanks for your input; it’s much appreciated. Also, if someone has Bob Frater's email address can they send it to us?

This one’s a short one and takes in our three nights and two days in St. Cyr.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - Arrived from Aix, had dinner, went to bed. Covered in the previous blog.

Thursday, August 30, 2007 - A very quiet day in this wonderful house. We sat and read and I finished my book, and Kevin finished his. We went to the local supermarket for dinner. And that is THAT!

Friday, August 31, 2007 - Today we ventured a little further afield, and headed off to a town that was having their local market. These markets are great. You really can find everything. I found a new pair of espadrilles. Then we went to a small town called Le Castellet, which was an old medieval town. Touristy, but subtly so, and great to walk up
The ViewThe ViewThe View

The view.......
and down in. Unfortunately, the restaurants were expensive as were the shops so we decided to venture off to find lunch elsewhere. We came across a town that has redeemed our faith in restaurants. Our confidence, along with our body sizes, is growing again. We made it over to Toulon (new home of Tana Umaga) but only skirted the city, since I am sure there is another “Place de la Bastille” lurking. Kevin is starting to think about driving in Italy, but I am concerned about the walking in Rome myself. After all, it is only 2-1/2 weeks off. We are off tomorrow to Nice after a tidy-up here. We are thankful to Jean-Noelle and Claudette for their hospitality and hope to be able to repay them one day in the not too distant future! It’s hard to believe that we have been gone 6 weeks already. It’s been a great trip so far, seeing so many parts of this wonderful country, and meeting some great people. We are listening to books on my Ipod in the car, and are working on Peter Maille’s “Provence A-Z”, which is good fun.





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The fish stallThe fish stall
The fish stall

Selling fish at the local market. I think that we're pretty lucky in Russell.
The fountain in  Le BeaussetThe fountain in  Le Beausset
The fountain in Le Beausset

This bolder was perched on top of the fountain and water is flowing out of the sides of it.


Tot: 0.318s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0712s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb