Nadine & Vincent's - Marseille


Advertisement
Published: July 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Those who don't know who Nadine and Vincent are, Nadine used to be my au pair when I was young and we have been in contact ever since. Nadine now have 3 kids of their own, one of which is coming to England in a week or so as I did to france a couple of years ago. So Nadine and Vincent very kindly put us up for a couple of nights and made a very good job of hosting us.

Had a really really good day today, it was nice just to sit back and let Nadine and Vincent lead on and take us places without having to think about anything. Hot showers as well - oh baby. Also before we went out, got picked up at 0530 - ouch!!, we had plenty of time to use their interweb facilities, check some emails, upload photos and update this blog, which I rarely get the chance to do (which is why these entrys are so old heh).

Eventually we headed out to Cassis and took in all its splender, such a picturesque town. It was refreshing to visit somewhere small, instead of going 'ahhhhhhh so much to do', it was very relaxing. Firstly we had dinner, at lunch time, crazy french. They treated us to a very nice meal, had mussles, swordfish and finished it off with a nice tarte, all washed down with a nice Rosé.

After dinner we took a boat trip arround the coast and proceded to have our faces sandblasted by the sea, it was quite rough, all good fun though. We headed arround the coast and pulled into the old sandstone quarry, of which the stone was used to build Marseille and the base for the Statue of Liberty. Once we had finished the boat trip we went around the side of the town to the headland and sat at the top of the cliff, it was extremely high, great view.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



7th July 2007

Looks like you chaps are having a great time. We just got back yesterday afternoon and we wished we could have stayed. Have a great time. By the way, I added you both as MySpace Friends. Later. Diane
7th July 2007

oper
u might wanna learn how to spell au pair as urs is actually french and ur friends with one :-) lots of lov xxx
10th July 2007

lol yeh i had diffuculty with that one, cheers

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb