Gastronomy & us en Provence


Advertisement
Published: July 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post


This is a little special confessional blog from two people who love food and who have spent the last 8 months removing 35 kgs of fat from our bodies and now find ourselves in a foodies heaven!!!
We are now pray daily that Africa will be our saving grace.
Provence is absolutely nothing less than a food lovers heaven.
At the end of our week of sampling copious varieties of terrines, tapenades, salamis, olives, 12 month old cheeses and breads, to die for, and all the seasonal fruits and vegies, plus the occasional glacee(French for the best icecream ever) plus a few little Ricards (ainisee) and le Vin --- on our last night in Provence we took ourselves off to a Michelin Hat world renowned Provence restaurant --- le Vivier...... for a super duper gastromomic experience!!!!
And that it was!!!!
It was like this .....we got seated at the best table in the house on a landing bridge over the river, the umbrella was adjusted to keep the sun off us, Ian was offered a hat ,for additional sun protection, and we then began the night with a glass of French Champagne and a White beer.
A few of the highlights were the Fois Gras with eel running through it, the noisettes of Lamb, another slight deviation from vegetarian and then we both had desserts to die for including a chocolate plate that all you chocoholics would jump a flight for!!! - see below every picture tells a story.
Ian and I have been lucky enough to eat at many restaurants in the world but the experience at le Vivier is one of the top three.
We really do wish you all could have been there ........to help pay the bill and enjoy the sunset.
Photos attached
Love from the not so skinnies! (But having The Best time)XxxxxxOooooo


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



11th July 2010

Order an extra serve for us next time.... salivated for an hour after reading your comments. Oh and those 35 Kgs you lost... we know where they are, they're happily living with us fending off the cold for winter and you can have them back when you get home.
15th July 2010

Looks good!
Hi Guys, Looks like you're having a ball. You'll be on starvation rations in Africa. (Just kidding lots of good beef and cheap booze). We'll get a couple of elephants to chase you round the paddock to trim down a bit. Look forward to catching up with you. PS can you email me and let me know your arrival date in Joburg pre game count. You may be rendezvousing with some other aussies who are hiring a 4x4 from the same place as you guys. cheers Tony

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0213s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb