Amazing French Villages


Advertisement
Published: May 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Another great day.

Apparently the drive to our first stop, Gourdon, was very scenic. We don't know, Pete was trying to keep the mirror on the left hand side of the car, while Neet tested the durability of the Citroen door trims, trying not to look at the drop off into the valley on the left. Actually after the first 10km the roads were pretty good, if the French would just learn to stay on their side of the white line. The scenery was something else.

The roads were full of serious cyclist crunching up the steep mountain passes at a fast pace. How they do it I don't know. My guess is some were proffessionals getting ready for the tour - or thats what I wanted to think.

Gourdon, Pont du Loup and Tourrette Sur Loup are all medieval fortresses set on the side of mountains in the Alpes over 1000 metres above sea level. Others are higher still. The towns are very well preserved and really clean. Expensive souveniers but authentic. Deep, flowing gorges run through the mountains and there is extreme sports such as canyoning and hanggliding available for the brave. We ran out of time to try these exciting activities.

People here love the Aussies but can't pick us until you tell them. We are few and far between here.







Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Time Out For PostcardsTime Out For Postcards
Time Out For Postcards

Do you know how hard it is to buy stamps for Australia in France? We finally found one 800m above sea level in a medieval village!
Tourrettes-Sur-Loup Tourrettes-Sur-Loup
Tourrettes-Sur-Loup

This photo doesn't do this justice. The old village is purched on the edge of a very high cliff.


11th May 2009

Awesome
Absolutely beautiful. I can imagine that village on the side of the cliff. Sounds like you are having a wonderful trip.

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb