Fontvieille to Plage Mala - Cap d'Ail


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Cap-d'Ail
November 1st 2017
Published: November 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

We got all the way to Vauban at the other end of the tramline so we could get good seats on the bus to Cap d'Ail. A popular bus route with tourists as it travels along the high Corniche Road which gives spetacular views all the way up and down the coast....only to find out it's Toussaint (All Saints Day) a public holiday and this bus was not on their agenda for the day!
Plan B, back on the tram to Place Garibaldi so we could catch another bus from the Port. Two came at the same time (go figure?)... Noticed an accent that wasn't french... a young Kiwi couple... nice conversations trading info.
Views were still amazing from this bus that travelled on the lower coast road and we disembarked at Liberte in Cap d'Ail and found our way to the Le Lamparo Plage part of the sea path that winds it's way around the rocky seashore to Plage Mala... (Sentier du Bord de Mer). Lovely weather and many people out walking or jogging the path. Always thought about swimming off the rocks here...changed my mind since I saw the conger eel sign!
3kms easy walking as it is concrete path all the way and runs below some really nice Villas built into rocky hillside.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



2nd November 2017

It all looks so romantic !

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb