French Riviera


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Cannes
September 9th 2008
Published: September 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

French Riviera

August 30 - Sept 8

Our adventures took us from Cinque Terre, Italy to Cannes, France and to a very nice apartment where we will spend the next week with the family including another son who will join us here.

On our way to the French Riviera we stopped in Genoa, Italy for a visit to the very nice aquarium there. This is a great place that is said to be the biggest and best in Europe. Worth a visit for sure.

The next week was a very relaxing time with late mornings, lots of cards, a few drinks some great meals and afternoons and evenings snooping around Cannes, Monaco, and Nice. Alice and I have spent some time in the Nice area before but enjoyed the extra time and our stay in Cannes. We are all very impressed with the whole area. Lots of people watching, beautiful beaches, too much shopping, great food and restaurants and we had some beautiful hot and sunny days that are almost a given in this area at this time of year.

The last couple of days we spent with our son roaming around Nice as the other family members returned to Canada, for a rest, following their very busy trip to Italy and France. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed the visit with family.

Alice and I returned to Madrid with a 2 day stop in Milan. From Madrid we will start another part of our adventure with our flight to Rio de Janeiro and our 7 weeks in South America.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb