Antibes


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Antibes
September 13th 2021
Published: September 15th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Today we head out for a day trip to Antibes. We get up at 7:20, have breakfast then head out. We take the number 2 tram and exit at Parc Phoenix. We follow the signs to the train station St Augustine about six blocks away. The round trip for Mark and I costs 5.80 euros. We get a senior discount which is nice. The train is a regional train but it is as nice as the fast train we took from Paris. We settle in on the upper level so we can watch the scenery. The trip is only a half hour. We arrive in Antibes and walk down to the port. The port s located in the old town which is cute and the architecture is very Italian. We take a break at a cafe in old town and enjoy a hot chocolate and a cookie. Our next stop is the Picasso Museu.m. The museum is located in a former small castle which was owned by the Girabaldi family. The Girabaldi family are the Royals that rule Monaco. I am not a modern art fan but I have seen multiple Picasso exhibits. I prefer his early work which looks like traditional art. The museum is full of art from the period Picasso lived in the castle the museum is located in. We read the descriptions that describe each piece of art and it is in English. I start to see the animals and people in his work I leave the museum with a better understanding of his work.

After the museum we go to lunch in the old town, We eat at an Italian restaurant which makes sense since the architecture is Italian. After lunch we visit the open air market. It is the best market I have ever visited. If I lived in Antibes this would be a regular hangout. I buy spices which will easily fit into my suitcase. Multiple booths sell cheese, meats, olives, fruit, vegetables and candy. A vendor makes pizza in a pizza oven. We walk through the cute cobblestone streets and we visit a glass blowers shop. I buy a necklace to add to my collection of glass necklaces.

Next on our agenda is a visit to the beach, We pay 55 euros each for day use of lounge chairs with pads, a table and an umbrella. 24 yachts are parked in the bay in front of us. The beach is sandy unlike Nice beaches which are rocky. There is a bar and restaurant at the beach if you are hungry or thirsty. At the end of the day we walk to the train station and head back to Nice. I highly recommend a visit to Antibes.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0652s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb