Antibes


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Antibes
October 14th 2019
Published: October 15th 2019
Edit Blog Post

With the new tram system taking over the majority of the central city zone, all the buses that feed the 2+ zones are based at Phoenix Park. So a tram ride first 10mins out...a bus waiting to Cannes but we stopped off at Gare Antibes. Purchased a train ticket return to Niceville to be sure of our return seeing as it was now midday. And I have to say I conducted the whole conversation in French & answered Monsieur's questions too. With our accent we couldn't pass for French anyway. Monsieur wasn't surprised by my attempt because it is expected!
Knowing our way into town we popped into a supermarket for some sandwhiches & a wrap to have down by the waterfront....another couple were doing just the same thing. Turned out too windy & a big swell for our planned swim. So we sat in one of the Petanque areas. Well this is where the next lot of wealthy people are if they'e not in Monaco or Cannes.
A meander around the point to the harbour then into the old town. Some nice arty shops. Of course there is Cap Gross which has all the millionare home's, might get to walk that another time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



15th October 2019

Antibes
When we were on our cruise in 2010, Mary and I visited Cannes for the day...and guess what....It was ME that bought shoes :) xx
15th October 2019

Antibes
Brian says: shopping for shoes is like 'healing' the 'soul'. He's the one in our family with shoe fetish!

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb