Kisbee ride along the coast to visit some rather lovely sandy beaches


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Poitou-Charentes » Vaux-sur-Mer
September 7th 2017
Published: September 7th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Day 4 and about time to get the shorts out. Then had to do a complete change when I tipped a cup of hot coffee all over myself. Fortunately missed the laptop this time. A couple of years ago when I poured a cupful into the keyboard it put it out of action for 3 weeks.



Kisbee came out of the garage, raring to go as usual so we headed for the next place along the coast, north or turn right at the end of the campsite road.

Stopped at St-Palais-Sur-Mer, a pretty little seaside spot with a few shops and cafes and a rather delightful sandy beach. Loved the way the sand near the water line reflected everything around it. Played spot the Turnstone as one flew onto the rocks and was immediately camouflaged.



We had our first galettes of the trip in a handy creperie then scootered on to another stopping spot. This one a deserted rocky beach which we accessed via steps down built into the rocks. Played hunt the crab in the rockpools and admired the traditional fishing stations which are built up on high wooden stilts above the waterline.



Next stop was Plage Grand Cote. An enormous stretch of sand with dunes at the back. There were plenty of people on it but it would be difficult to imagine it could ever get crowded. Had a stroll along the sand but didn’t sit as we were not dressed for sun-worshipping though by this point the sun had come out and it was really rather warm.

We scootered back to an area with cafes at the start of the beach and sat for a while in the sunshine. Actually as we sat the sun, which had been really lovely, disappeared behind clouds and we noticed lots of people who had been heading to the beach to sunbathe were returning to their cars and bikes..



First icecream of the trip then we headed back, just stopping at Pont du Diable, a rocky outcrop with all sorts of holes through it and yet more lovely sand.

Really a very nice stretch of coast. We’ve been near here before but the other side of Royan. Much nicer here.






Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0657s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb