La Nougeraie


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Poitou-Charentes » Poitiers
August 25th 2011
Published: August 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Vichy to Brux


Friday 8th - Sunday 10th July 2011

On today west across country to stay at a friend's French property for the weekend.
We have stayed here most summers over the last 12 years and know and love it.
Peacefully located in the heart of the French countryside but within easy reach of numerous local amenities and attractions and with lots of outdoor space for the boys to explore it has been ideal for family holidays. We are grateful to have been given the opportunity to stay.

Our only excursion on this visit is to the local town of Couhe and its magnificent medieval market hall to pick up provisions for the weekend and a bottle of Huile vierge de Noix ( virgin walnut oil ) from a local producer to take home.

We also catch up with friends Dave and Kate who seem to me to live an idyllic life keeping sheep and hens, growing salad and veg and 'chillin' in this wonderful location.
We keep up the tradition of holding a communal meal using Dave's patent witch's cauldron BBQ to grill far too much meat and later relax in the warm evening sun with a few drinks whilst it heads towards the horizon and a glorious setting.

Our visit is far too short and we reluctantly leave on Monday to progress northwards.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 19; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0881s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb