Futuroscope


Advertisement
Published: August 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

La Nougeraie to Futuroscope


Monday 11th July 2011

Up and off early to make the most of our day out at Parc du Futuroscope located 10km north of Poitiers. This is a theme park with a difference based upon multimedia, cinematographic and audio-visual techniques. It has several 3D cinemas, a few 4D cinemas and numerous other attractions and shows, some of which are the only examples in the world.

The pavilions of Futuroscope are mainly made of metal and glass: modern materials which give the buildings form and texture and themselves qualify as works of art that make the observer stand and stare.

We have visited the park on several occasions before and always have a great day out mixing old favourites ( usually the ones based on motion simulators ) and new exhibits.

Today's exhausting itinerary includes amongst others ;

* Arthur 4D - a motion simulator that moves in time with enormous IMAX 3D animated images on a gigantic hemispherical screen.
* Brush with Genius - a look at Van Gogh and his work with gigantic IMAX images projected onto a 9,700-ft² dome screen.
* Dances with Robots - robots standing 7 metres high, moving along six axes and acceleration to 3G in time to music.
* Dynamic Vienne - our old favourite sat on seats that move horizontally, vertically, forward/backward and rotationally ensuring the story on the big screen is brought to life.

In addition the boys enjoy the extensive Children's World park with rides, activities and play areas to keep them entertained for hours.

As expected we have a very tiring but excellent day out and we are all exhausted by the time the final spectacular show begins - The Blue Note Mystery, a musical fairy tale - a blend of giant images on water screens, special effects, lasers, jets of flame and light that end the day in a glorious extravaganza.

We retire to our van, parked securely in the designated area, a short walk from the park entrance and where the standard parking fee allows us to stay overnight - yet again the French demonstrate their motorhome friendliness - no height barriers here ! We will come again without a doubt.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 69; dbt: 0.0896s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb