A few days at Chatelaillon-Plage


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Poitou-Charentes » Châtelaillon
June 18th 2016
Published: June 19th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We've moved further south and back to the mainland.

Chose a good day to drive as raining in the morning but cleared up and sun came out once we had arrived at our campsite.

Not a terribly interesting drive, very flat in the Vendee and we didn't go through any pretty villages. Just the nature of the countryside in this part of France. All the area along the coast above La Rochelle is a string of seaside towns just waiting to be filled with thousands of summer visitors. The campsites are pretty well wall to wall for miles.

We headed for La Rochelle and accidentally almost went through as the turn towards Rochefort was badly signposted. Bob managed to find a roundabout to turn round just as I was attacking the food cupboard which had come open and flung a packet of orzo on the floor. I managed to shut the button before it threw the rice and cooking oil on top and shutting that door was not easy with Tandy negotiating a roundabout. Not left that door button unclipped before and will not be doing it again !

We did set off with water in the washing up bowl once and on another occasion a cupboard containing 4 cans of beer flow open, the cans rolled at speeed down the van and sprayed all over us as they burst.

Our campsite is Port Punay and very nice. Lovely pool, super sanitaires, certainly compatred to those on last campsite and we decided to stay a few days as we are nicely settled. The sun cane out so had my daily swim in the pool and after a read on the loungers we went into town on Kisbee for our wedding anniversary dinner (21st).

Lovely meal at L'Atelier. There are lots of restaurants, especially along the seafront. We didn't linger on the way back though as there was a really chilly wind. Ok for me on the back of the scooter but Bob was decidedly cold.

Wonderful to wake to a blue sky next day so back on Kisbee and off to town. There is a market everyday in the Covered Market Hall and the market street was buzzing with cafes. Had a lovely stroll down to the sea front and along the never ending sandy beach. Stopped for coffee at Le Comptoir de L'ocean which has a drinks area on the beach and comfy sofas to sit on. So pleasant that we stopped again after our stroll and had lunch. A perfect lunch of gorgeous fresh crevettes, crusty bread and some frites.

By this point my hair was standing pretty well on end as the scooter helmet doesn't help a girl's hairstyle but the strong wind off the sea finished it off. We watched some boat racing for a while but the wind was too chilly to hang about for long. Our loungers at the campsite in full sun were far more comfy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



20th June 2016

We've enjoyed Atlantic beaches just north of where you are...
at Les Sables d'Ollone. Glad to see you have some sunshine.

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb