Last full day in France with a drive to Le Crotoy.


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Picardy » Le Crotoy
September 22nd 2014
Published: September 26th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Said our goodbyes to Janet and Eric who were also leaving to get their ferry home.



We had another full driving day across Normandy to get within spitting distance of our chunnel crossing tomorrow.



Back the way we had come to Caen, heading East and then Bob managed to find a route over the Seine bypassing Rouen (a place we avoid when we can as we’ve had a couple of problems there in the past). A far more interesting drive today as we went through rather than round lots of pretty Normandy villages. Pont D’Eveque is always a pleasure to drive through, albeit very slowly today as Monday is market day.



It was also tractor day on the roads and we found ourselves behind quite a few along the way. That time of year.



We bypassed Dieppe and then took the road which follows the coast, until we came to Le Crotoy.

Think this is now our favourite Aire. €5 a night. We are parked with a (sideways) view of the sea. 5 minute very pleasant walk into town for a coffee then a good stroll along the sands and back to get some healthy sea air into our lungs to keep us going through the winter.



There must be 100 motorhomes on this aire but there is not a sound to be heard from any of them as I sit and type this and very few lights showing. Maybe everyone else has gone to bed. We do notice that a lot of ‘campers’ seem to go to bed much earlier than we do.



Bob has plotted our route to the Chunnel terminal using the toll roads as much quicker.

So tomorrow we head back to England and should be home mid-afternoon, subject to not picking up any unwanted passengers on the way (there have been reports of illegal immigrants getting into the UK via the chunnel having attached themselves under motorhomes). Hopefully we’ll be home in time for me to get the camera packaged up and in the post to the menders.



This has been an exceptionally good holiday, we’ve seen lots of new parts of France and enjoyed every minute. Thanks Tandy, Kisbee and Bob the driver.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.447s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 32; qc: 133; dbt: 0.3361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb