Day 3 Craon to Brissac-Quince 61miles


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Pays-de-la-Loire
May 12th 2014
Published: May 13th 2014
Edit Blog Post

After a meagre breakfast of one croissant & two hard biscuits we set off at 9.30am.Bought bottle of water & rillets of pork in supermarket then headed off to 44 miles of rolling hills & beautiful farmland only stopping for a water & jellybean break ! We crossed the Loire with its vineyards & hope of better weather. That was not the case our picnic was interrupted by a huge thunder storm so we had to hurriedly don the waterproofs & head for shelter in the form of a vineyard outbuilding whilst it passed over head. We had to shelter again a couple of miles further on this time sharing a bus shelter with a upper class english vagrant who stank of dirt,he had been camping & walking for three weeks.From here we made our way to Brissac-Quince cycling on the banks of the Loire & it's various Islands.

We arrived at the beautiful hilltop town of Brissac-Quince at 17.45 with its imposing Chateaux &. church.

Quick bite to eat & billy winks.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



13th May 2014

Bonjour
Looks great but still haven't seen days 1 & 2.
13th May 2014

Cracking
At this rate you will get there before you left!!
13th May 2014

Admiration of Les Grand Bras !
You can never trust the upper classes!!
19th May 2014

Bon appetite!
Rillettes of pork and cantel cheese a glass of wine heaven.. All sounds fab keep peddling. Jp

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb