Leaving France …..


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Pays-de-la-Loire
June 25th 2006
Published: June 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Under complete duress we now have to leave France for a few months. It has come around far too quickly and we really do not want to leave here. The countryside, towns, food, wine, weather and people - French and other - have all been wonderful (a few minor events aside).

We truly believe that this area is going to make a great home.

A recommendation to any campers, caravans or chalet hirers - we are leaving one of the best sites we have ever been on. We have been living in a tent now for nearly 3 months and I can pretty much say that because of the camp site and the owners, it has been one of the best experiences I have had. The owners are welcoming and friendly and the facilities are well looked after and spotless. Advice, a friendly smile and help has always been on hand and often welcomed!!! So if you ever travel into the Pyrenees Atlantique then check out the camp site in Navarrenx (between Orthez and Oloron), it’s called Camping Beau Rivage web site is www.beaucamping.com you surely cant do much better than setting up on the Curtis’s site. (Some pretty pictures included).

Well as I said we leave under duress. The signing of the first document has gone ahead and now we have to await details of the signing dates of the final documentation which could be anywhere from 1 to 4 months- but looks as though we should be in by the end of September!! They like to take there time over here. So our eagerly awaited return to France could be anything from a month to 4 months. On our return we will pick up the keys and start the long (probably very long) process of quoting from builders and the lot. We are just going to have to sit back and wait for our dream to unfold; you can’t rush these things, certainly not in France (even if you wanted to!).

We will continue this blog whilst we return to let you know how things are going and what we get up to back in the UK for the next few months, and then it’s back to the juicy gossip in France when we return - more exciting adventures and probably mishaps involving paperwork and builders!!!!!

On our way back up we have stopped off at a few places Arcachon (ok but not worth writing home about so I won’t), The Dune at Plya - largest sand dune in Europe which was seriously cool, when we were up there a massive storm hit and the static was amazing - hence the ridiculous photo of Helen with crazy hair. It was at that moment when everyone’s hair stood on end - even Ben’s and he doesn’t have much - when it was decided that standing at the highest point in the area during a lightening storm was not a good idea.

We have also been to the Ile de Oleron - where Johnny Depp apparently lives - if you ask me he has chosen the wrong part of France. Rochefort is worth a visit the fact that it is current chucking it down in France however hampered our exploration and we will have to return at another point.

We are the moment in Saumur considering where we spend Tuesday night to watch the French play Spain - Allez les Blues!!!

Love to all and a bon voyage until next time.
Pictures included in this blog - Bilbao and the Guggenheim museum - chateau Laas - Artouste and the little train plus the infamous mountain beast THE MARMOT (you do have to look very carefully, but I promise the elusive furry little git is there!!)



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Static HairStatic Hair
Static Hair

sorry about the scary photo


2nd May 2007

CONGRATULATION
How interesting to read your journal. I bought a lake with cabin near Mourenx exactly one year ago and from next year on, when I retire, I will live there for the whole summer. I hope your paperwork will finish soon and you will also live near Navarrenx and Mourenx, it is just so beautiful there. In Mourenx on the market is a man who sells home made wine.......you MUST try it !!! Also the chocolate factory LINDT is in OLERONE, a very beautiful drive there and lovely town. Good luck with everything, I am off to my lake on 30.May for 2 months. Lucky me Christel

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb