Homeward bound


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Pays-de-la-Loire
October 16th 2013
Published: October 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 47.0746, -0.41011

It has rained just a bit too much in recent days so that yesterday we took the decision to make for home sooner rather than later. So, after an overnight stop at a site we have used at Benouville, near the famous Pegasus Bridge connected with WW2 history, we shall be on the early morning ferry from Ouistreham (Caen) bound for Portsmouth tomorrow. We prefer this route since it gives us a better journey home, plus it avoids the dreaded M25 when using Dover/Calais.

Yesterday afternoon, with all the journey bookings done, we drove out to Vihiers for groceries and fuel from SuperU, then called at the local family-owned winery in the village for a tasting and purchase of a few bottles of Loire to remind us of this part of our trip. I told you there was potential for another wine moment.

Although we have been unable to get out and about, Le Serpolin is an idyllic retreat just to relax and unwind as borne out by the numerous glowing testimonies in the guest book which I scanned through whilst waiting for something to download from the Internet. Imagine my surprise to find some names of people I know! Small world coincidence.

Advertisement



16th October 2013

Have a safe journey home, look forward to catching up when you are back x
16th October 2013

safe journey I know you will be off again.
16th October 2013

All good things must come to an end, but i've had a great time.
17th October 2013

Ditto to HO, Lynne, safe return and see you soon x

Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb