Paris, France - July 16


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Paris
July 16th 2010
Published: July 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

July 16th Paris FranceJuly 16th Paris FranceJuly 16th Paris France

A farewell photo of the tower at night
July 16th, Paris France...Well it's 10:30 pm on our last night of our vacation. We had a great day in Paris today. We wandered the streets of St.Denis in the area of Notre Dame Cathedral. We bought a few art prints from the vendors along the Seine River. We enjoyed yet a few more cafes. My freind Herb Steacy sent me a note earlier this week and he said "it's really easy to sit and contemplate life in a Cafe in Paris". Boy, was he ever right! We did a lot of that today. We went to the Louvre but the lines were hours long, so we decided just to stroll around the gardens of the Louvre which are probably bigger than 20 football feilds. We enjoyed a glass of Paris' finest in a cafe on in the garden of the Louvre too! It seems in someways that we have been away forever and in other ways it seemed that we just left yesterday. We leave Paris tomorrow at 2;10pm and arrive in Toronto at 4 something. There is an 8 hour flight coming back.
We sat tonight at dinner and reflected on our trip - Since Sherry is in the
July 16 Paris FranceJuly 16 Paris FranceJuly 16 Paris France

Pyramid in the garden at the Louvre.
education business, she often equates things to "what did we learn from all this?". WELL, we learned a lot. Tons of history. Tons of stuff about our Religion, lots of stuff about the differnt people we met from all over the world - folks from Sweden, Alsace,New Zealand, Austrailia, India, Edmonton (those were in fact the people from India - 17 years in Canada and amougst the proudest Canadians I ever met!), South Africa, the UK, Thailand, Columbus Ohio, New Jersey, Newmarket Ontario (met them tonight at dinner).
Mostly, we learned about bathrooms.
We learned that-
1) you NEVER pass up a chance to use a bathrooms.
2) Not all bathrooms are free (so refer to #1).
3) Not all bathrooms are created equal (so refer to#1).
4)Bathrooms are either UP or Down MANY stairs so leave lots of time and again, refer to #1.
5) In Europe men and women often share the same bathroom, so again refer to #1!
6) The bus (Coach here in Europe) Bathroom is not really for use - They warn you that whatever you "put in the bathroom" of the "Coach" will "fester" and stay with you for the entire trip -( once again refer to #1 above!)
7) When you are not looking for a bathroom you are looking for cold water or more likely cold beer or white wine which, yes you guessed it, will inevitably lead you to refer to #1 above!!!

So, as you can see we learned a bunch of important stuff on our European Adventure. We also learned we have a great group of freinds that followed us here on the World Wide Web. We appreciate your interest and your comments. It's been kind of like we got to do this trip WITH all of you. So our sincere thanks.
We are in the midst of finishing our last bottle of Fine French Dry White Wine. We raise our glass to you all.
CHANTE!
From Paris (for the last time - for now anyway)
With love,
Aurevoir,
Sherry and Hal


Advertisement



17th July 2010

Finally I can get you!
Hi Folks, I have not been able to get on to your blog or to much else for the past 14 days. I have thought of uyou many times and I have heard from others about your fabulous time. I am about to read them all now that I have this GD laptop back minus all of the bugs!! I was so glad to hear that your trip has been grand. You both deserve it . I look forward to a Sherry fix first thing Monday. Sleep well. June
18th July 2010

Well Sherry and Hal, I feel like I have been with you on this trip through Europe. It has been a real treat reading your wimsecal (sp?) tales and while looking at your beautiful photos, oh the ones of Europe were lovely too :) I believe you're home now, so I hope you had a great flight and a warm homecoming. I'm looking forward to seeing you up at Nancy's cottage next weekend and hope to hear about the stories you couldn't put on the web - oh ya baby! Love and hugs, Jo

Tot: 0.325s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb