July 15 - Paris France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Paris
July 16th 2010
Published: July 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

July 15 - ParisJuly 15 - ParisJuly 15 - Paris

The round building on the right is our hotel
July 15 - Paris France - Today was our first day on our own. No fellow travellers and no Tour Director to tell us where and when we were going somewhere, when it was time to eat etc.. Sort of like being in grade 1 where your teacher tells what to do and when. Not that we are complaining. We never would have seen or done what we have in the last two plus weeks if we hadn't been on an organized tour. Today we changed Hotels - From La Defense to Montparnasse which is at the opposite end of the city. Our new hotel is very, very nice. We are shocked at how inexpensive taxi rides are here. We made the trip between hotels for abot 22 euros. The last time we a cab from downtown Kingston to our home in Bayridge it cost the equiveleant of about 25 euros! We used our tiime on our own yesterday to wind down a bit and do some exploring. We can see the Eifel Tower from our hotel (with some luck I'll be able to attach a picture). We took the subway to Moulin Rouge last night. We have become fairly proficent at using the Paris subway system. Moulin Rouge is located in Pigalle which is some 15 subway stops away in the old red light district. Still a little seedy part of town, but we still felt very safe. Our Tour Director got us the tickets before we parted with the group. He once again out did himself! We were right at the edge of the stage for dinner and the show - really the best seats in the house. Great show - a littlle bit Paris...a little bit Las Vegas. Worth seeing for sure. Sat with some folks from Sweden who were quite interesting.
Friday is our last full day in Paris. Back on the subway and off to the Louvre. The weather in Paris is much more pleasant than we encountered on the rest of the trip - it in the mid 20's here - much better than being in the 40's like it was in Italy.
It's been a great trip, but is quickly coming to a close.
All the best to all, from Paris.
Aurevoir !
Hal and Sherry

Advertisement



Tot: 0.217s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb