France - Paris 5-17-2010


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Paris
May 17th 2010
Published: May 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

More CanolaMore CanolaMore Canola

From the Bus ride to paris
Today is our last day in Europe. Someone decided we should sleep in for half and hour more so that we would miss the boat ride on the Seine River in Paris so we would have to wait for 45 minutes for the next boat. Oh well, it was a nice boat ride and we really didn’t venture far from where we were dropped off as it would have been too much walking for mom. Great niece, Sophia, asked that we get pictures of the Eifel Tower so I made sure we did just that. It was a great way to see Paris and have someone explain what we were seeing. I did get some great pictures!

Once we left the boat we were taken by bus for a short ride through part of the city. Larry, Mom and I walked around looking at the stores and of course going to McDonalds. They had a very good cappuccino frappe, but not even close to the ones we have at home. Larry got a caramel McFlurry but all it was caramel sundae in a McFlurry cup - go figure. Oh well it’s a good place to sit for a while and go to the bathroom.

Once we met the bus we headed to our hotel for the night. There was an option to go out to dinner with the rest of our group but several people opted to do other things. We wanted to get everything reorganized to be ready to fly home early tomorrow. It will be weird because we leave the hotel at 7:30, we fly out at 10:40 and get to Minneapolis at 12:55Pm. Now the flight is 9 hours and 15 minutes…..so that makes for a very long day……We finally arrive in Columbus at 6:11PM. Now I know my mother…she will expect to drive home that night…we shall see.
Of course we couldn’t leave Europe without at least another McDonald’s fiasco. Larry and I walked down the street from our hotel to find something for dinner and surprise - a McDonald’s! We learned that some sandwiches don’t come with le menu (meal deal) and you can’t just order a drink. Somehow we managed to have 4 sandwiches instead of three and this McDonald’s had steak fries with seasoned salt.

It sure has been fun and we have learned a lot. We made great travel partners and we met some wonderful people. I’m sure we managed to rub a couple the wrong way because as you all know we do have a tendency to voice our opinions. I truly enjoyed being here but I can’t wait to get home, sleep in my own bed, buy a bottle of Coke for less than $2.00, and order from McDonald’s without struggling!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.039s; cc: 15; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb