BUSES ON ROADS THAT WERE NOT MADE FOR BUSES


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Nord-Pas de Calais » Lille
December 11th 2007
Published: December 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Europe is so old! For something to be over a thousand years old is not unheard of, or even really shocking, in France. A lot has changed between then and now, especially transportation. Cars, though generally smaller than those you’d find in the States, are stil bigger than horses. Most of the roads in France, except maybe the main one or two per city, are made to accommodate two horses passing one another more than two cars. Now let’s add on the fun fact that the French loooove their ‘transports en commun - and yes, that includes buses. Buses. Sometimes two buses having to pass one another. While avoiding the cars that are parked mostly on the sidewalks. On roads that were meant for horses. It doesn’t always work out. A turn requires both “lanes,” and for two buses to pass one another requires one to find an open space (usually forcing one bus or the other and, therefore, the car(s) behind it, to go in reverse at least a little), squeeze into it as much as possible, and let the other bus pass slowly, making sure that there is still that inch and a half between the two massive and awkward vehicles.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.223s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb