The Only Car in Paris With No Dents


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Nord-Pas de Calais » Calais
August 17th 2011
Published: August 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Paris SunriseParis SunriseParis Sunrise

The early morning view from our apartment.
Given how late we had got in the night before, I woke-up quite early in the morning. I was just in time to see the most magnificent sunrise so I grabbed the camera and took some pictures, sad as that was.

We then had to brave driving in Paris for one last time and we finally left the city without any dents or scrapes, which we thought was quite an achievement. It was then just a matter of following the satnav on the toll roads to the ferry terminal at Calais, where we arrived with plenty of time to spare.

We did try a little diversion to what looked like a National Park just south of Calais, but the signs all disappeared leaving us driving through rural northern France with nothing particularly standing-out as being worth stopping for. We also went to a shopping centre near Calais, which was of course full of us and other Brits stocking-up with booze.

After all the driving and the hectic last few days, the time waiting in our lane at the ferry terminal was a nice time to relax and do some reading.

The ferry trip was uneventful, as was the drive home. We couldn’t avoid the Dartford toll this time, although that was pretty insignificant compared to what we had been shelling out in France.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 19; qc: 70; dbt: 0.124s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb