rain, rain go away


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Midi-Pyrénées
May 21st 2012
Published: May 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Miserable weather - 46 - 54 with rain and wind. In the morning we went to a market in Mirande, which luckily had a large indoor hall. We were lucky to find super yummy waffles that Jack wants me to reverse engineer. I'm not sure it will work - it was a very sticky batter with a lot of sugar. Retirees appear to hang out at the market socializing and spending huge amounts of time drinking tiny cups of expresso. In the US it would be a 2 minute event since there are only 2 large sips in an expresso. We bought food for dinner since we knew this would be a evening to stay-in. In the afternoon we headed into Toulouse for a walking tour. It was a total failure. We decided to take the "major" roads and ended up in terrible traffic. By the time we reached Toulouse we were 1/2 hour late for the tour and it was pouring. We drove in circles until we drove down a little street and eneded up at a dead end. After gingerly backing out ( I had to get out and direct Jack) we decided that going to the tour was in the too tough pile and headed home. Poor Jack he ended up driving for 4 miserable hours.

I'm about to cook our dinner of duck breast with prunes and wine, white asaparagus, baked new potatoes and salad. Wow, its 8 PM already.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.019s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb