Here we are in sunny Toulouse!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Midi-Pyrénées » Toulouse
October 7th 2016
Published: October 7th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Woooohoooo! Yes, we are in Toulouse! To recap so far, we flew into Heathrow 2 weeks ago now, then straight on to Glasgow, Scotland for a couple of days, mainly to visit Carol's relatives which was great! We also visited Dundee, Tayport and the Falkirk wheel while we were there.

After that we headed down to London for a day and had the fasted whirlwind tour of the City on foot you could think of, but we managed to fit in Harrods,Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, and a few other spots before negotiating the Tube back to our Hotel in Kensington.

The next morning found us at Heathrow bright and early for the flight to Paris. We arrived to fantastic weather and experienced our first French cuisine at a local restaurant, one of many we experienced during our stay there, which included snails for lunch at one point - delicious!. We found the locals very friendly and helpful. While we were there, we saw Notre Dame, visited the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, and much more. on the first full day there we did 12 km's on foot! By the next day we had the Metro worked out!

We also visited the Conservatoire Citroen - a Citroen Museum north of Paris, 3 hours and 360 photos. Poor Carol! :-)

We also went up the Eiffel Tower. This was nearly a no-go as the expensive guided tour we had booked in NZ months ago to beat the queue was booked for the wrong time and we turned up at 2.45 as stated on the ticket, only to find the tour started at 12.15! Aaaaghhh! Apparently the company we booked it through is notorious for this and we hope to get a refund when we return. Fortunately the queue was actually not that bad and we made it up! What a view, what a highlight!

At the end of our Paris experience we caught the TGV to Poitiers and were picked up by John Wilkin who, along with his wife Abi, run a Gite in the little village of Vanzay. As part of the package we were able to hire a Classic Black Citroen DS similar to mine at home for two days. On the first day we drop to La Rochelle and the Ile de Re and back, and on the second day we went to Bordeaux and back. Both wonderful trips! I believe we have made good friends there and hop to get back for longer one day!

John dropped us off at the Angouleme Railway station to pick up our Hire Car yesterday - another black Citroen, this time a new C3 Picasso - and we made our way here to Toulouse via the gorgeous village of Rocamadour.

We are off out to do some shopping and getting more photos of the amazing architecture before heading to Marseilles this afternoon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 57, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb