Day 6: Figeac


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Midi-Pyrénées » Figeac
June 24th 2016
Published: June 24th 2016
Edit Blog Post

FigeacFigeacFigeac

Narrow streets
Today we went into downtown Figeac. My host mother first brought us to the church, which was the first building in Figeac and after hundreds of years a small town was slowly built around it. Figeac is a small city where you can see the same people four times in a few hours just by walking around. My host mother taught Greg and I more history as we walked through narrow brick streets. However, the language barrier became very confusing so she dropped us off at a museum and we learned from there. It was very similar to the oriental museum in Chicago as it had a replica of the Rosetta Stone and Hammurabi's code. Afterwards she left Greg and I on our own to do whatever we choose. For an hour or so we wondered from shop to shop just looking. We found a gelato stand and I tried the tiramisu flavor. It was delicious.! We then came back and had lunch. Our host brother wanted to find a medium between our two cultures and bought French style burgers. I also ate French fries, pommes frites. They all had cheeses such as goat and bleu. One of the burgers was even duck instead of cow. After trying a bit of each one we went swimming again and then had a wonderful dinner. Our concert went very well tonight providing a great end to a great day.

Oh and the picture of the papers is the list of demands that began the French Revolution. And Jean-françis Champollion (the scholar who deciphered hieroglyphs) was born in Figeac.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb