Normandie & UK - Day 2


Advertisement
Published: June 3rd 2019
Edit Blog Post

Lovely peaceful night last night, except that the birds have an unusual idea of "dawn" for their chorus! Still, better than being woken by French workmen, which is what usually happens on Aires.

So another very pleasant drive today, albeit a bit longer at just over 4hrs travel. Arrived at our planned Aire, at Hérouvillette, to find it full (mostly of Brits wanting to see the D-Day stuff. Pity, as it was the nearest to the place for Wednesday's Dakota parachute drop, which is the main thing we want to see. Still, found ourselves a spot on the tiny Aire here at Bréville, Just two other vans here, one Brit and one Dane (who speaks English, as they all do).

While chilling out and panning the cooking, we heard a generator start up (some motorhomers can't seem to manage without them, however much noise they make!). I popped out to see who the culprit was, only to find that a pizza van had set up shop roght next to the Aire! Now THAT we can forgive (especially as it doesn't go on all night). Brought the menu back to the van and placed our order, spending 18€ and saving both cooking and washing up. WE'RE ON HOLIDAY!

Still don't know how we'll go about getting a good view of Wednesday's event, but we've got tomorrow to work that out.

433 km, so 294 today.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.379s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.202s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb