Normandie & UK Day 3


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Lower Normandy » Caen
June 4th 2019
Published: June 4th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Another peaceful night's sleep, with birds that awoke at a sensible hour too!

The more we looked at the maps last night, and the info about the Dakota drop, the more convinced we became that we needed to be further South, nearer to Sanneville, if we wanted to see anything. So this morning, after a quick cup of tea and a wash, we headed for a picnic area right next to the drop zone shwnnon the website. Called at Hérouvillette aire again, hoping to fill up with water, but like the one we'd spent the night on, the borne needed jetons (metal tokens) which could only be bought from certain shops IN OTHER VILLAGES! One day all aires will have bornes which take plastic - but for the moment we'll just have to use our water sparingly, and make sure that, after we've seen tomorrow's event, we get straight off to somewhere we can get some!

So we arrived at this picnic area about 8.30, and decided that whatever happens we're staying until the drop tomorrow afternoon The weather ws grim until about 5pm, lots of rain cloud and wind, but cleared later. There's been quite a bit of coming and going of motorhomes of different nationalities, but by evening there ws just us, an Austrian van behind, and a French one ahead.

Made a "breakfast tea" tonight of bacon, eggs and potato cakes, which was lovely.

445 km now, so just 12 today!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.313s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1115s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb