Bayeux Music Night


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Lower Normandy » Bayeux
June 21st 2008
Published: June 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Paris to Bayeux


Said good bye to everyone in the morning then on the train to Bayeux, which took about 2 hours. Liked the town straight away, quiet little place, fair share of tourists but it was nice. Checked in then went for a walk around town and checked out the Normandy invasion museum, was pretty good actually. And it had everythi8ng in French AND English which was very helpful.

A local couchsurfer Nathalie came round and got me later and we had a walk around town before dinner, during which bands were setting up for the music night, which was held all over France apparently, to mark the official start of summer (21st June). Once we got out from dinner there was a lot of people around in the streets and bands playing, a nice atmosphere with everyone from teenagers to families with kids to oldies all walking around checking things out. I think I only saw one person drunk to the point of staggering and he looked like he was just trying to get out of there, everyone else was just enjoying themselves.

Nathalie is a great girl, I liked her instantly. She is a primary school teacher so I suggested she try a few new things to keep the kids under control, like small cages to put them in and throw darts at them lol. We spent most of the time listening to the best band there, guys playing some heavier stuff, they were pretty good and kept going past when everyone else had finished, so didnt end up getting to bed until nearly 2am lol.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb