Visit to Montignac


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Limousin
June 25th 2016
Published: June 28th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Storm completely passed over when we got up so we check Tandy was ok, just a covering of leaves and twigs on the roof and walked into town.

We've visited Montignac before but still a lovely place to be. The old part north side of the river has some lovely medieval streets to explore and of course photograph.

Saturday was market day but the market was disappointingly small, just some fresh food. Apparently it is normally a full market with all sorts of different things on sale. Maybe last night's storm put the stall holders off.

We stopped for coffee and watched a mother duck with just 2 babies walking anxiously up and down the river bank. No doubt the river level was pretty high, well up the banks and flowing very fast with thick brown muddy water. We were afraid that the rest of her family had been swept away by the swollen river. France has had an awful lot of rain this month some very heavy. The Seine in Paris burst its banks at the beginning of the month and of course we had several rainy days at the start of the trip.

No rain today though, just grey in the morning but by mid afternoon the sun was out again and time for another swim in the pool and a read in the sun.

Pleased to see how well the campsite had cleaned up round our pitch once they had removed the sawn off tree.

We seem destined to have disturbed nights and evenings. 2 nights of thunderstorms and this time a noisy family just behind us with 3 young children who, when they weren't shouting, were crying and whinging. Grrr. Nobody wants to holiday with other people's children and by 10pm the only noise on the campsite was from their pitch.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.402s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 30; qc: 151; dbt: 0.2931s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb