A Discovery Day


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Limousin » Creuse » Crocq
July 24th 2008
Published: July 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Lupersat ChurchLupersat ChurchLupersat Church

XIth and XIIth century church
Today I woke up early and went took a walk to the boulangerie, épicerie and patisserie. We needed some bread (I bought a baguette and 2 pains aux raisins...mmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMM!), some staples (mainly cheese!) and a pâté de pomme de terre for dinner (on Jean-François's advice! - I had forgotten about it!). I also dropped into the butcher's to say Hi to Chantal and to get a bit of jambon. After a nice breakfast we decided we'd go to Guéret and see if we could catch the market there today and to have lunch at La Belle Epoque. Mom left me some Euros so that I would take Ken there was we were all so impressed with it the first time we went! Thanks, Mom! We truly enjoyed it!! Ken had moules et frites (mussels and fries) and for dessert an "assiette de sorbets" (three kinds of amazing sorbets - raspberry, pineapple and pear!). I had perch with a delicious cream sauce that had chives, tiny shrimp and mussels in it and for dessert I had cherry clafouti (a kind of egg cake with whole cherries baked into it). Of course, we had a "demi pichet" of rosé wine, too! It was an amazing meal for 30 Euros. Ken could not finish all his mussels and that has NEVER happened! Mom, we have enough left of the $$ to go to La Grange des Marmots - and we will! After we left Guéret, we drove to Moutier d'Ahun so Ken could see the Roman bridge and the carved wood in the church there. Then we took some very small roads to Chénérailles, Bellegarde en Marche and we found Lupersat! The photos I am including today are all of the church in Lupersat and one of an interesting house there. We headed back home and stopped back in at the épicerie to pick up a few things for our picnic at the lake tomorrow. Also, we stopped back in at the butcher's and I introduced Ken to Chantal. We came back home and had a sieste and read while the pâte de pomme de terre was reheating in the oven. I made a nice salad to go with the potato pie and after dinner we have been watching the French versions of Family Feud and Don't Forget the Lyrics. Pretty funny! So now we are just reading and blogging and getting ready to hit the sack. It was very hot here today....over 30 and should be the same tomorrow. I think the lake will be perfect!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



24th July 2008

gone but hopefully not forgotten
I am so glad you got to La Belle Epoque..Wonderful memories. Would give almost anything to return...Marmot Barn also.. Is this the house Sylvette(?) mentioned??? Your pictures are so very good. Many Thanks for you blogging!!! XXXOOO Mom

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb