Aurevoir France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Languedoc-Roussillon » Prades
August 8th 2010
Published: August 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our time in France is drawing to a close and tomorrow morning we board a train to Barcelona. We should be on the beach by 2 pm and enjoying sun, sand and sangria by 2:30 pm. We have eaten our way through the french market enjoying such favorites as fois gras, fromage, rillette de canard fume, pain au chocolate, savoyarde (my favorite) and of course the wine. It's such a different way of life with people meeting at the outside cafe at 9:00 am after going to the market and shopping for their daily goods and enjoying a wine or cafe au lait while chatting with friends. This is a culture I could get used to. Emma and Julia have a had an amazing time. They have not asked to go home once I think this is because we have found pasta and pizza in every town we have gone to. They have been fairly good about trying new foods but in the end the Italian resturants in London and Paris and made a mint off us. We actually have commented that the Pasta in Paris was so so good and I think it's because they use French Cheese, nothing tasted like a dish I have had in the states.

The girls will be on a non-pizza diet for a month when they get back. Emma I know will be happy for that.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.234s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb