Beziers


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Languedoc-Roussillon » Beziers
October 5th 2017
Published: October 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

This morning Benny and I got a taxi into town to visit the Cathedral of Saint-Nazaire. We were dropped off beside the Cathedral, in the Place de la Revolutione which had a lovely fountain and café. Inside was a huge organ and an amazing ceiling. There was a mass underway so we sat down to listen to it for about 15 minutes whilst we looked around the interior from our seats.

After quietly leaving, we walked around the outside of the Cathedral, around the Cloistures courtyard and through a pretty garden.

The Cathedral sits on a hill and from the top you have views to the south towards the Fonseranne Staircase and the aqueduct that the Canal du Midi goes over before Beziers.

As it was 12pm and everything shuts, we sat down at an outdoor table of the café in the Place, called the Brasserie du Palais. It was a beautiful sunny day of 27 degrees so very pleasant. The special menu of the day was a choice of either Crevettes fraiches persillees (prawns in a garlic sauce) or Blanquette de veau (veal in white wine sauce). Benny and I both opted for the prawns but with a basilica oil instead of the garlic sauce. For dessert, I had my favourite crepes with lemon and sugar… yum.

At 2pm, the 2 art galleries near the Place re-opened so we first went into the Musee Fabregat, which mainly had portraits. A few streets away was the Musee Fayet, which had a mainly brass sculptures.

After seeing as much as we wanted, we headed back to the café where the owner kindly rang the taxi lady for us and we sat down to have a drink whilst we waited for her to come and get us.

Back at the boat, we went up to the le Boat base, to do an early check out procedure so we could get away promptly the next morning.

The plan for the evening was to have dinner at the cafe in the marina.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



5th October 2017

Viewing photos
I will take the steak with white wine sauce. Thank you. Besutifull cathedral. Enjoy the next leg of your journey.
5th October 2017

Wow
Scenery and cathedral look amazing and lunch yummy!!

Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb