Day 32: Millau to Bellegarde


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Languedoc-Roussillon » Bellegarde
April 5th 2011
Published: April 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well its time to leave one on my favourite spots so far but before we go we have some shopping to do, Pam’s iPhone has developed a problem, its not going and that is a bugger. The only answer was to find the SFR shop in Millau, SFR is the French Vodafone and being French they wont call it Vodafone like everyone else in Europe. Anyway into the shop and finding a guy who almost speaks English we make him understand that the damn thing is not going, ahhhh its tough sometimes but he finally worked out that we had been sold a dud, when we purchased the new sim way back in Paris we were told that we had 20 days unlimited data use, and in the French way that was bulls….t it turns out that we had in fact bought 45e of calls and only 45e of data and not unlimited use, oh well you cant trust the buggers sometimes. So that was all sorted and we had decided to make up some time and hit the main road for a while to cover some ground and headed off towards Montpelier and hopefully points further afield. We had the usual hassle getting around a big city with the Tomtom always trying to take us through the center of all the damn towns. As usual we always try to avoid the motorways to miss the tolls and you don’t see much on the motorways. Well heading around the lower or southern end on Montpelier after the Tomtom taking us through some veeerrry narrow streets cos it got us lost, really it was my mistake, I took a wrong off ramp and Tomtom only tried to get us through, we turned it off in the end and did it the old way, using a map. Finally getting around and through Montpelier we were faced with possibly the worst we have seen in France so far, miles of flat mostly barren industrial type lands, it is astounding how quickly the landscape here changes, round a corner or over a hill you never know what to expect, it could be beautiful farms, rugged hills or bush land or what we were going through, oh well it cant always be perfect can it. We stopped at a little place called Bellegarde on our way to Tarascon, out intended overnight stop where we met a Kiwi couple over here for an extended holiday and after chatting for some time we decided to stay by the canals, at their suggestion, they told us that Tarascon was only another industrial town, We camped by the canals alongside a whole lot of boats tied up at the jetties. Great place to stop for free overnight, located on the south side of the canal.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb