A trip to Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
December 22nd 2016
Published: December 23rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

on a recent visit to Paris to see the amazing sights of the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe and Notre-Dame Cathedral, I will give you tips, information and photos from my adventures around this truely stunning city. After arriving by bus to the city we got of at Porte Maillot on the edge of the city. We already had a plan as to where we wanted to go and what we wanted to see, so we decided to make our way straight to the Arc de Triomphe, and then from there down towards the Eiffel Tower to where our hotel was closely situated. The walk from the bus station was just a nice casual stroll down one Main Street all the way taking approx. 15 minutes. After this as said we went to the Eiffel Tower and passed many of the 'high end' fashion shops on the way in what seemed like a very quiet city, this however all began to change as we started getting nearer to the tower itself. After getting to within easy view of the tower there was just a mass of people, as well as stall sellers selling various bits of what were essentially just junk. As we were feeling a bit hungry we got some food at a stall (a crape and a coffee) for a staggering €12 so as you can guess the city is not the cheapest. The majority of the rest of the day was spent wandering the streets aimlessly in curiosity to see more of the city before heading back to our quaint little hotel just 10minuites walk from the tower. Our second day consisted mostly of heading to Montmartre, but after missing our stop on the underground and the next one subsequently being closed this lead to a rather long and gruelling 1.5hour steep uphill walk (all be it with a few wrong turns included). However the walk was well worth it for the amazing architecture and the stunning views over Paris, I would say this is a must see for anyone who visits. On the way we stopped for a bite to eat at one of the truly amazing patisseries. After visiting here we headed down to to a nearby tube stop (Anvers) and headed for Notre Dame. After walking around the cathedral and watching a service take place we decided it was time for some drinks and food. After a short stroll around the vast numbers of restaurants we decided to dine in one and the charcuterie was amazing, another of the great foods of France. After this we found several bars offering happy hour drinks where pints of larger were as little as €4 so several of these were consumed. Then after too long in too many bars the last stagger was made to the tube to head back towards the hotel before of course walking past the beautifully lit tower.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0301s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb