Out and about in Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
August 30th 2016
Published: August 31st 2016
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Went on a town and around tour, was very interesting. Had a look at the Louvre, it is so big if you spent 30 seconds at each art or display, you would need 6 weeks to complete. La Sorbonne, Arc de Triomphe, Opera Madeleine, the Eiffel Tower of course, the Pyramid near the Louvre, the Invalids and the avenue of the Champs Elysees. Most of these were drive by and chat. We then had a walk thru the Notre Dame, wow this is some church. The stained glass windows are absolutely amazing.
Then we went walkabout, walked across the Siene River and had lunch. After lunch we went to Versailles the Sun Kings Palace Louis XIV. A beautiful place with paintings on every ceiling, hall of mirrors, gardens, so big. We drove along the riverside, thru the tunnel where Princess Di and Dodi meet their end.Later a dinner at a restaurant in the Latin Quarter. Tried frogs legs, not bad. Wasn't too keen on trying Snails, but some of our crew did and they thought they were really good.After dinner, we and another couple from our tour decided to tackle the Eiffel Tower. We were told of big ques and the chance of getting up there were pretty slim. We decided to tackle the stairs to the first platform 310 steps anyway. 9.30pm. We got thru the 1st security check, I accidentally elbowed a security guard, and winded him. He recovered quickly and we all laughed it off.We had to que for about 10 mins to get our tickets and then got straight on the lift up. The view was amazing. We got to the top of the tower. We did the whole thing in just over an hour. 17 euro each - piece of cake!


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb