Tamzin H's Meeting the Mayor and More...


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
October 19th 2015
Published: October 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

On the second day of our fun, exciting but educational visit to France, we (Year 6) were extremely eager to be there and were fascinated by the French culture. Also one of the reasons we were excited was because we were going to the market at Brie!

As I approached the gorgeous sight of Brie it was quite early in the morning so we were still a tiny bit tired. Firstly, we did a town trail, then we went to the market where there was a lot of miscellaneous trinkets to buy. Besides the rain, I had an amazing time!

Shortly after, we darted to the bus so that we could go and visit Vaux le Vicomte even though the rain outside was torrential. On the bumpy journey to Vaux le Vicomte we all showed each other our purchases and were happy with what we bought. Eventually we arrived at Vaux le Vicomte and took a nice, peaceful walk through the back yard, it was beautiful! Afterwards we had our delectable, delicious lunch. In the end we were exhausted!

Later that day, when we got back to the chatệu (in excited) we went into one of the rooms to make some appetizing crepes (I had jam on mine). A couple of minutes after, we could barely walk to our room we were too stuffed ( in felt like an elephant). Anyways when we got to our room we got ready to meet …. the mayor of Brie! I was bubbling with excitement and got dressed into a smart outfit, and when it was time to meet him I was shaking but year 6 gave him a warm welcoming. He watched and helped us play our boules tournament and at the end we had a small but fun party! Then we headed back to the room and had a lovely sleep.



Today was one of the best days of my life and I hope to go back there to go back there very soon. For people who haven’t been to France I recommend it to you!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb