Paris - In a word, Incredible


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
August 30th 2015
Published: August 30th 2015
Edit Blog Post

The four of us have been in Paris for just over a day and all I can say is "wow". There is so much history in this city, every where you look there's another historic building or square named after some famous person in History. And of course, there's the Eiffel tower. We've spent time at the national military museum and Nepolean's tomb, the Musee D'Orsey, the Rodin Museum and the Pantheon (Paris Version) where we toured the underground cripts. We have 3 day passes for the open air buses and have taken 2 of the 4 routes. These have guided tour earplugs so you can follow along as you experience the city streets.

Yesterday we walked under the Eiffel tower and today we found ourselves walking along the river Seine. Tonight we'll take the subway out to Basilique Du Sacre-Cour, which sits on a hill overlooking the city. Can't wait to see the city of lights at night.

The weather has been warm, but the food delicious. The streets are alive with activity and the locals have a certain style and classiness. While not overly friendly, they are cordial and helpful. There are cafe's and restaurants on virtually every corner or markets where you can buy the goodies for the day.



Tomorrow the other 4 members of the Cruise Crew arrive and we'll do some more touring and I'll let you know how it goes.



Stay tuned for more adventures of the Cruise Crew.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



31st August 2015

What a grand adventure indeed#

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0344s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb