The last day :(


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
June 21st 2014
Published: September 25th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Being the last day of our holiday, we had very little planned so we started out late and drove into Vernon for a look. There was a street market happening and we wandered around for a while wishing we could have tried the amazing fresh produce on offer. We walked down to the Seine river and stopped at a playground for Em then wandered back to the town Cathedral which had one of the best rose windows we have seen. Since the French don’t seem to need public conveniences, we went to Maccas for lunch then headed to a nearby forest reserve. It was a really great use of the forest area with several walk trails, a running trail with exercise stations and a great trail for kids with stations teaching them about the sights, sounds and smells of the forest. After a good walk we went back across the river and bought icecream for afternoon tea which we ate on the grassy banks beside the remains of the Mill on the Bridge. This bridge was destroyed in WW2 and all that remains are the piers and the mill house at the end of the bridge. There is also a large turreted fort beside the bridge which we walked around and noticed several bullet holes in the stone…

A lovely relaxing afternoon before our final drive to Paris. We found our hotel, had dinner at a nearby restaurant, Hippopotamus, then packed everything up and cleaned out the car ready to drop it off and get our flight home tomorrow.

108 days, 10 countries, 10200km and a 14 day cruise… We have seen some beautiful sights, met some wonderful people and had a great time – thanks Europe, we’ll be back!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.301s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0979s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb