Day of Rainbows


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
September 26th 2012
Published: September 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today was a blustery day! Pooh would have said....and he was right! We started our walk to the Pompidou Center....Umbrellas in hand...after a visit there to see the views we met up with Marty and had a nice lunch at Le Pave on Lombard Street near the Hotel DeVille.

Shannon's niece, Laura, had joined us for the day, so we decided to take the river cruise after lunch even though it was still a little over cast and cool. The weather co-operated and we enjoyed seeing the sites from yet another view. After the cruise we went home to rest since we had reservations at the Eiffel tower at 8:00 tonight.

While resting up fortonight's journey.....the rain poured ...and cleared....poured and cleared....then a beautiful rainbow appeared over St. Eustache Cathedral. We took this as a good Omen for the Eiffel tower outing...but alas it was raining again by the time we arrived. As we stood huddling under our umbrellas we looked up to see yet another beautiful rainbow clear across the sky behind the Eiffel tower!

The long elevator ride up to the tower summit deposited us out into a real blowing, blustery ( cold and windy) amazing view of Paris. We huddled against the cold, and marveled at the wonderful sights below.

We splurged on a cab ride home...happy to be wet, frozen, and awed by the wonderful sights the day had delivered us. After hot tea and toast for a snack we are headed to bed. Bon Soir and Good night from Paris.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb