Sunday in Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
September 16th 2012
Published: September 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Sunday in Paris! Something everyone should experience once! It was another beautiful sunny day. We have really had wonderful weather! It was 75 but in the shade the coolnes was lovely.

Most bakerys, grocers, fruit markets, andregular businesses are closed. Everyone takes the day off to go to art shows, street fairs, and sidewalk cafe's. We had been told about a street market festival on the Ile St. Louis behind Notre Dame Cathedral....so we put on our walking shoes and headed for the Seine and Pont Neuf Bridge.

We first came across an art fair on the grounds behind the cathedral. After exploring it and listening to some music waifting up from the banks of the Seine...we wandered across another bridge .... Saw the huge "party" going on down on the river bank ( said Mkt.-street Fair) we had been told about.

Took a short break for late lunch/dinner at Auberge Notre Dame, everyone was having champagne so we joined in. Had a lovely lunch, another glass of wine and a very strong Cafe' Parisiene style! THus fortified , it was time to check out party on the banks of the Seine.

It was so crowded...people of all ages, size, shapes, and descriptions! Tasting wines, buyingwonderful tasting smelly old cheeses, jams, breads, honey, fresh veggies, couples and families all sitting on the edge of the river having wonderful picnics and drinking wine! Street musicians were playing while happy people sang along and swayed with the music. Children with ice cream and DOGS!! Oh they love their dogs!

I forgot to mention on the way to the market we walked through the huge flower market only to discover it was bird day! Cages of all sizes and colors of birds, from Canary to fuzzy white chickens!!! FOR SALE! What beautiful birds we saw!

After walking over the two bridges we decided to hop the metro for a few blocks ride closer to home....we barely made it to catch the train and I jumped in only to see the doors closing in Marty's face! I waited at our stop and we strolled happily home.

To top off this perfect day Chocolate TO DIE FOR ice cream and Cafe' Creme for snack! We may never come home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0654s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb