Mastered the Metro


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
September 10th 2012
Published: September 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Went to Chatalet Les Halle's (Grand Central Station of Paris). Purchased our Pass Navigo And walked 10 Miles in the bowels of Paris to find line 7 over to Latin Quarter. After brief ride and exit from metro we were completely Disoriented as to direction thus walked several blocks in the wrong direction heading for the Pantheon.... After getting our bearing arrived at the beautiful tomb of famous men....and Madame Currie....was well worth the effort..... Beautiful day.....then on to the Luxembourg Gardens where we were greeted by Pan ( he wasmost delighted to see us....see photo).

We strolled the gardens..took lovely photos and rested on a park bench in the park. It was time for our fashionably late lunch so we found a cafe where we had croques and wine for lunch. Did an excellent job of finding our metro back to Notre Dame stop....walked over the bridge to Quai Me'gisserie...to stop and visit our favorite puppies in the pet stores and another stop at Cafe Jess for gooey Chocolate cream filled chocolate cake topped with vanilla ice cream and drizzled with warm chocolate sauce.....cafe with cre'me . This was DINNER!!!

On the stroll home Marty bought some beautiful ( to die for ) shoes! I bought cheap sunglasses to replace the ones I donated to a street person on the park bench in Luxembourg Gardens. The new ones are much cooler!

We are home for the evening looking forward to our painting trip tomorrow to GIverny.

Bonsoir from paris

Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb