Last Day in Paris.. c'est triste


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
August 17th 2011
Published: August 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Wow. Last day in Paris is a little sad. We have finally gotten used to the metro, the sights, sounds, orientation, etc of Paris. But we decided it’s better to leave a city in a high point rather than when you are bored of it.

I’m so happy that traveling with Mary worked out. We have a lot of the same interests, thoughts, travel goals and she’s just easy to talk to. We took the morning to shop in the Latin Quarter and stopped at a little café for lunch and talked for about 2 hours about life.

I finally purchased my one and only article of clothing from Paris: a black blazer that I’ve wanted forever. Not that I will be needing any warm clothes on the Riviera or Italy.. but it was a bargain.

We met the guys, Coco, Darcy and Tim’s other friend Amber in the jardin. We also paid 0,50 euros to use the bathroom. Gah. We thought we’d go one last time to the Champs Elysees and the Arc. Saw a lot more weird French fashion, like genie pants and high heel tennis shoes. We also smelled some more musk. Tim lost again at the “mine” game and did push-ups right in the middle of the Champs Elysees. That’s something to remember.

We went back to the hotel to wash up, pack our bags (we were all leaving early the next morning) and play “pass the bottle” twice before meeting up with our new friends for dinner by the Notre Dame, which turned out to be the worst idea ever. Just too many people there.

The conversations that took place during this wait are a little fuzzy, but I do remember that Greg somehow took a picture that was prettier than real life. Mary and I started les bises (kiss kiss!) when we met up with the other group and we were on our way to our last dinner. We found a nice place along the Seine with the best waiter. All of our food was amazing. I had the Quiche Lorraine. Yummy. Somehow Greg talked me out of not ordering a crepe for dessert on the premise that we would find a kiosk on the street later. That didn’t happen and I’m still bitter than I never had a crepe sucre in Paris. Bof! The waiter was really cute, I think he wished he was hanging out out with such a fun group of foreigners!

We still had 3 more bottles of wine, so we went to the sandy beach of Paris plage along the Seine where the girls passed a Rose and the guys had the reds. As the beach was closing, we managed to take a big group picture plus some randoms and start our walk towards the Bastille district. Greg and Tim capped off the remaining Absinthe that they had from Prague. The smell even makes me turn up my lip.

After a long walk and a pee in the park, we made it to Bastille. We walked through a really cute area that was still buzzing at midnight. Needing another boost after walking off the wine, we scrunched up 3euros to buy the worst tasting bottle of wine yet. We played pass the bottle yet again outside a bar and went in. Had a few drinks and made it back home via taxi and went to sleep. Bon nuit, Paris… the last night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb