Next stop - Paris!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
July 17th 2011
Published: July 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So our next stop was Paris! I was so looking forward to heading there as it was one of my favourite places to visit last time I was in Europe. It was nice and the hotel staff were very friendly but there were lots of illegal immigrants trying to get tourists to buy things which spoilt it a lot. Even so, I looked past that to see the magnificent architecture and places I'd seen and wished to visit. Our first day, we went to the Eiffel Tower. It is so enormous we saw it from the plane as we came in to land! It does stand so proud and tall. We toodled along the streets and took a tourist bus to get our bearings and see the sights. We went to a massive department store called Galleries Lafayette. It was one of my favourite days out last time I went to Paris. We had bought a doll for my sister who was just little at the time and a gorgeous stuffed toy for her. So I went back for another look this trip to see if I fancied anything. I had forgotten but in the middle of the store thee is a massive stained glass dome. It is so beautiful. We went to Palais Garnier to see if we could score some opera tickets in the famous opera house but they were all sold out. During our time in Paris, we visited Le Louvre, the main art gallery which houses the Mona Lisa. It was a little disappointing. the day we went, which was Bastille Day, the gallery was free entry, which meant it was full of tourists who didn't really have an appreciation of artwork but had obviously just gone to see the Mona Lisa. It was so packed we didn't stay very long. We went to the parade for Bastille Day too. It was similar I suppose to an Anzac Day march but with so so many people. As a result of the celbrations our metro station was closed so we got off at a random station. As we started walking, about 50 tanks and army trucks pulled intot he street. I t was a little bit confronting as they all had their guns out for the parade, which we aren't used to seeing while we walk down the street. We got some awesome photos of them though. We had a soggy day at Disneyland! It started out ok but then turned cold an wet. It didn't matter too much. Flat Stanley enjoyed the rides but was so little, he prefered the rides in Fantasyland which he was less likely to fall out of. He's so flat that his seatbelt wouldn't fit on many of the other rides! We stayed for the fireworks over the castle which really were magical! There was a fantillusion parade of floats all lit up with the Disney characters on them. It was gorgeous!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb