Van Trip - London to France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
August 16th 2010
Published: August 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our first blog of the van trip! We’ve been a bit slack with the blogs as we are having too much fun!

Our journey started leaving Winchester on the 6th of August and we headed up to London to meet our friends Bondi and Lynda. We stayed in a hotel in Shepherds Bush (North London). The first night we went to the Brick Lane, which is famous for its Indian curry. Many restaurants line the street and people out the front try to lure you in with various deals. You can barter with the price and get them to throw in free rounds of drinks. We had a mix of curries to share between us. It was good to catch up with some of our friends that we hadnt seen since Perth.

The next day we went into town, nothing too exciting, but that night we went to Fabric nightclub. They had a big drum and bass lineup for RAM records birthday party. The nightclub has about three or four different rooms on different levels with different types of music going on at the same time. It was an old factory or something and the whole club is actually underground, easy to get lost and hard to find the way out. It was crazy... people everywhere, no room to dance, hot and sweaty but we got to see Andy C which was really awesome.

The next day we were all a bit tender, but Bondi and I managed to build up the thirst for a beer. We went to the Great British Beer festival while the girls stayed in and watched movies. The festival is basically an appreciation for warm uncarbonated beer, Real Ale they call it. The first two pints were a struggle to get down but after that the beers werent too bad. Its definitely an aquired taste but not my cup of tea. You want a beer to be thirst quenching and refreshing, not to remind you of that half empty beer you accidently drank at a party back in Australia that has been sitting out in the sun for four hours. All in all great experince, bring on Oktoberfest!!

The following day we headed off to Dover and stayed there the night before getting the ferry across the Calais, France the following morning.




Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.267s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb