Days 16 and 17 - Clamart and Sceaux


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
August 11th 2016
Published: August 11th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Sorry no blog yesterday. Quiet day. We walked to Clamart (the next town over). Then there was soccer and relaxing. Today we decided to have one last bike ride. We decided to follow the same bike trails that we ride on one of our first days here. The trails that led to Chateau de Sceaux. It was so fun the first time but this time the destination was to find a quaint place to eat lunch. This time the ride seemed to go much faster as we knew where we were going and also took a slightly more direct route to get to the start of the trail. It is a nice ride with lots and lots of hills. We did not find a place to eat on the way there but once in Sceaux, there were quite a few options. We chose a place with tables out front where you could get baguette sandwiches and quiche and stuff. I guess we didn't make it clear when we ordered so the guy packed it all up in cute little boxes and then put it all in these two nice bags so we decided to take our (now) picnic lunch down the road to the Chateau after all. It was so peaceful to sit on the grass of the Chateau, only a few other people were walking around. Our food was delicious! Eventually we got back on our bikes and rode back on the trails. Sad that it is our last bike ride here - we have been enjoying the biking so much. AND when we got to our picnic spot, I tried to take some pictures and my camera was dead! Dang! So, no pics today either.....Now it is just packing and cleaning and then we are off first thing in the morning for the airport. Au revoir.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.106s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb