Day 15 - Drive, park, walk, chateau, repeat


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Centre » Blois
August 9th 2016
Published: August 9th 2016
Edit Blog Post

My viewMy viewMy view

This is my new view from the backseat....
We enjoyed the Loire valley so much that we wanted to return and see some more. This time we headed a little further west to start and stopped at Chateaudun on the way. This town had a scenic walk through the town. We ate our lunch at the start of the walk, at a nice spot that overlooks the town and the Loire. Then we wandered through the narrow cobblestone streets which were very quaint and finally found the chateau. Then walked the rest of the scenic path to end up at back at our car. Next stop was Blois which is home to the Chateau Royale de Blois. This was the residence of several French kings and later, Joan of Arc went there to be blessed by the Archbishop before her quest to drive the English out of Orleans. On to Chateau Chambord which is one of the most recognized chateaux in the world. It has very distinctive French renaissance architecture. It is the largest chateau in the Loire valley. On the Chateau de Beaugency which is a smaller chateau on the way to Orleans. Our final stop was the Chateau de Meung-sur-Loire. This town had a long viaduct we drove over to get to the chateau. The Loire river is very pretty every time we see it. A lot of driving in one day but worth it to see all of the gorgeous scenery.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Small doorsSmall doors
Small doors

There are many small doors in the narrow cobblestone roads we walk down every day


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb