Our last night in Paris... *sob*


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
July 17th 2004
Published: July 17th 2004
Edit Blog Post

Sigh, it is our last night in lovely Paris. We are sad. 😞
So last night I set my alarm for about 7:30, because we wanted to get up early to avoid the crazy tourist crowds. It went off, and I tried to get Sarah up, but she was like "5 more minutes". Okay. So 5 minutes later I tried to wake her up again and she was like "15 more minutes". So I snoozed for a bit, then at around 8:30 I tried her again. "Lets just sleep till 9". Well, when we finally stumbled into the light of day it was about 10:30. Hmm... sneaky...
Today we took a day trip to Versailles where we saw le Chateau (not the store, the castle). On the way I tried some French coffee because I haven't had my morning fix for so long and they were teeny tiny and absolutely loaded with caffeine so we were kind of jittery for a while. For luch we had some French onion soup, which is just called onion soup here, obviously, and some delicious dessert called Dame Blanche which basically entails many many layers of vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce and whipped cream.... mmmmmm...
When we finally pulled ourselves away from that fabulous meal, we walked to the Chateau de Versailles. We paid 12€ each to get in and we wandered around all the royal rooms and stuff in one wing of the castle, and it only took about 30 minutes, so we were like "what the hell, what a scam!". There were other tickets we could have bought called priority passes which were more expensive but get you into better parts, and we were starting to regret our decision, but decided to try getting in anyhow. Sarah happened to be in front, and the ticket guy asked for her ticket so she showed him, but I think he was fixated on her boobs and didn't actually LOOK at the ticket so we got into the priority area for free! Three cheers for Sarah's boobs! Hip hip HOORAY!
Anyhow, it was SO cool. It was the place where Louis the 14th and other such royal folk lived and we got to wander through all the bedrooms and a massive ballroom and a hall of mirrors and into all the priority areas, tons of fun. They didn't allow flash photography, but Sarah and I are vigilantes and got some cool pictures anyhow.
Tonight we plan to relax, eat something delicious for supper (as always, including dessert) and prepare ourselves for our next journey to Lyon, the French food capital, and the Alps! Woo!
Oh, and a few things which need clarification:

I know I wrote that Sebastien was a lobster, but was berated by Amber, a die-hard Little Mermaid fan, so I wish to publically announce that Sebastian is a crab. Oops!
When the old Frenchman took us around the graveyard there were people EVERYWHERE so risk was very low. Don't worry, everyone! I could have taken him. 😊
Love, hugs, kisses,
Jackie

Advertisement



Tot: 0.263s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0564s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb