November 2nd - 5th


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
November 9th 2013
Published: November 9th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Paris is such a large city with so many things to do that you never feel you have enough time. We recovered Jacob in the morning and then took things slow. In the afternoon, we went for a walk in the Bois de Vinciennes. This humongous park is 5 min. away from the apartment, has three good sized lake/ponds, the zoo, the horse race track, the pony club and kms of trails through untamed woods. It's perfect when you want a rest from the big city hum. The next day there was an open air market a block from our door. We meandered and bought stuff for groceries. We then tried to go to the free day at the Louvre. Even when you are not at the height of tourist season, you do not go to the Louvre on the free day. We walked past the museum and down the Champs Élysées through the Tuilleries, and stopped to have a picnic lunch in the park by a fountain. The wind was blowing too cold to do more so we returned home.

Next day, we went to the Louvre. You cannot spend enough time there. We did the tourist stop at the Mona Lisa and then immersed ourselves in Egypt, since Jacob and could no longer go there. We were exhausted but filled to the brim with amazing visions when we got home.

I realized that I needed to give myself time to get Visas for Turkey and Tanzania so this morning we went to the Tanzanian Embassy. It's close to the Eiffel tower so we got amazing views on our walk. The tower top was enclosed in cloud so we decided to come back later. Instead we went to the Moulin Rouge, the Latin Quarter and the Notre Dame Cathedral. It was a full day for Mom's last day with us.

Good Night and Sweet Dreams


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



10th November 2013

Happy November
Wow Gilly - more adventures under your belt. Sorry to hear about missing the Jacob pick up, I'm sure you were frantic, particularly after a day of 'planes, trains and buses'! Glad it worked out. Your mum and I are going out tonight - classical music at the College Building. Continue to enjoy and thanks for the regular posts. J
11th November 2013

Hi Jean, it is lovely to keep getting messages from you, Saskatoon doesn't feel that far away.

Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb