church day


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
May 5th 2005
Published: May 5th 2005
Edit Blog Post

today as you can probably tell was a day spent visiting churches. actually only two but they were big so it equals more!! there was supposed to be a guided tour of the notre dame at 12, but today was a public holiday (ascension day) and funnily enough it wasn't on. they had a service on so i stayed and watched that for about an hour. geez they do some funny things in the big church services. i had absolutely no idea what was going on (well, i suppose it was in french!!) then i went over to the sainte chapelle. also big, but not nearly as big as the notre dame. louis XIV (again) built this church to house a part of the cross and jesus' crown of thorns that he bought for lots of money a long time ago. the relics aren't there anymore but it was still nice. big stained glass windows and it was a nice sunny day so it looked great. the crown of thorns is now under the floor of the notre dame and they lost the part of the cross - probably in the revolution. oh, don't stress, i found my umbrella!! yay!!! it was under my bed! silly me.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0565s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb